Shoofly power!
Protection for all
York Daily Record/Sunday News (ydr.com)
Article Launched: 05/16/2007
May 16, 2007 —
What? No protection in the hate crimes bill for us Pennsylvania Dutch? Are we the only unprotected group?
If I'm seen in a restaurant, on New Year's Day, eating three plates of pork and sauerkraut with smashed potatoes, and a group of skinheads is waiting outside to beat me up, where is my federal protection? Will I be afraid to buy a hog maw (pig's stomach) or snitz (dried apples) at Central Market?
If I name my sons Jacob and Jonah and pronounce their names "Chaky" and "Chonas," or if I can't pronounce the letter "V," will I face discrimination?
Shoofly power!
KENNETH MUMMERT
SPRING GARDEN TOWNSHIP
York Daily Record/Sunday News (ydr.com)
Article Launched: 05/16/2007
May 16, 2007 —
What? No protection in the hate crimes bill for us Pennsylvania Dutch? Are we the only unprotected group?
If I'm seen in a restaurant, on New Year's Day, eating three plates of pork and sauerkraut with smashed potatoes, and a group of skinheads is waiting outside to beat me up, where is my federal protection? Will I be afraid to buy a hog maw (pig's stomach) or snitz (dried apples) at Central Market?
If I name my sons Jacob and Jonah and pronounce their names "Chaky" and "Chonas," or if I can't pronounce the letter "V," will I face discrimination?
Shoofly power!
KENNETH MUMMERT
SPRING GARDEN TOWNSHIP

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home